[BC] VLC Media Player?

Kyle Magrill kyle at circuitwerkes.com
Wed Nov 10 10:03:01 CST 2010

VLC is an open-source audio & video player that will play almost anything including DVD videos.  It has the ability to receive and also stream both audio and video, too.  It's freeware, does not contain spyware or viruses and is quite good, though not perfect as it sometimes has trouble with mpeg4 videos.   It is a good general purpose utility that won't foul up your PC.

A terrestrial radio station has an online stream.  Their streaming URL
starts with mms:// (that must stand for something?)

On a WinXP desktop, I used Real Audio, and the web stream audio was jumbled.

I e-mailed a friend at that radio station, and he recommended VLC Media Player.

What's that?  I didn't want to download something without asking for a
few recommendations.

Private replies are alright.

- Blaine