[BC] CORRECTION - EAS alert tones in movie preview ad

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Tue Nov 9 11:09:27 CST 2010

On Tuesday 09 November 2010 12:01:54 pm Cowboy wrote:

>  Further, I could argue that even if it does appear to be the attention
> signal,
>  that if the two tones are not within 1 db of each other, or either
> contains distortion above the statutory limit, or if either one alone
> modulates the transmitter at anything less than the required 40%, then it
> is, in fact, NOT the attention signal, and perfectly legal under any
> circumstances.

 Rethinking, that would make it a simulation of the attention signal, and
 explicitly illegal.

 SO the actual attention signal used as an audio-only attention getter
 *is* legal under any circumstances !

 Not the intent of the rule, I'm sure, and in exceedingly bad taste,
 but this is broadcasting !

--
Cowboy