[BC] Thermometer

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Mon Nov 8 09:00:18 CST 2010

Quoting "Thomas G. Osenkowsky" <tosenkowsky at prodigy.net>:
> I remember a flying lesson where I was on long final straight in approach.
> The setup was perfect. Airspeed, rate of descent, etc.

Transitioning from a twitchy Piper Tomakawk to a Piper Archer, same
approach..... I looked over at the instructor's hands because the
airspeed / decent / power was hands-off perfect, and I thought he
might have been flying the plane.  "Nope", he said..... "bigger iron /
better approaches".

I said if I'd known that, I'd have paid extra for training in the
Archer instead of the Tomahawk.

He said "Well, then you would have paid extra for a poorer training".

Don Roden