[BC] Thermometer

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky at prodigy.net
Mon Nov 8 08:38:09 CST 2010

I remember a flying lesson where I was on long final straight in approach.
The setup was perfect. Airspeed, rate of descent, etc. I was just waiting to
cross the fence. Suddenly the nose dropped and I had to retrim. I asked the
instructor what happened, I hadn't touched the controls. He told me to look
down and asked what I saw. "The mall parking lot", I replied. He asked what
was down there before. "Grass and wooded areas" I answered my own question.
Rising thermals from the black asphalt.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE