[BC] First FM Radio

rj carpenter rcarpen at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 09:57:38 CST 2010

The February 1942 issue of Milton Sleeper's FM magazine lists W45V in
Evanville as maintaining a full schedule. Westinghouse W49FW Fort Wayne
was probably not on the air. No other Indiana FMs were shown as granted
by the FCC by Feb 17, 1942.

Chicago and New York City were the big FM toans at the time, both having
four stations running full schedules, plus some experimental operations
in New York (ie: Armstrong/W2XMN, W2XQR/WQXR, and NBC/W2XWG).

bob carpenter