[BC] Novus Development?

Peter Smerdon psmerdon at fastmail.com.au
Fri Nov 5 21:41:06 CDT 2010

Sounds like you've got it in direct sunlight - that's a no-no.

Your best option, if you have the space is a Stevenson Screen - which is
what the correct housing is called.
Googling that name will give you all kinds of info - including lots of
D-I-Y plans.

The sensor's got to be out of direct sun and wind, and the Stevenson
Screen is ideal for this.

Myself, I've gotten away with mounting the sensor under an eave, on the
south side of a building, sheltered from sun and wind.
That's gotten me very close tracking to "official" temperatures.
YMMV.

Cheers,

--
Peter Smerdon.
Melbourne Australia.

On 6/11/2010 11:48 AM, Mark Earle wrote:
> On 11/5/2010 6:19 PM, Jeremy Eisenzimmer wrote:
>> Now if we can only get the temp probe to be a little more accurate, as
>> during the day it seems to be +10 compared to the what the actual
>> temperature is. During the nighttime it's pretty much dead on. (any
>> ideas????)
>>
> RM Young makes pro-grade weather sensors.
snip