[BC] Lead acid batteries.

Bob Groome bobgroome at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 13:23:20 CDT 2010

Why Harold, did not you were into an electric car! Mine is a VW (Volts-waggon) about 8 or 9 years old view at:

http://gallery.me.com/bobgroome#100023

I get about 3 to 5 years on a set of lead acid. Brand and quality make a difference (amount of lead and surface area). Battery technology is a bit better now. My charger is a Ruscco (yes same company as hockey puck turntables) that hits hard at first then tapers off current. Use a 12 volt battery to run the accessories. It is charge from the 'big' battery pack via a 105.6 to 13.2 converter. The life of the 12 battery is not nearly as good. Could be because it is not fully charged all the time. The converter is more like a trickle charger. I did not have the money to go with a nice monitor system like you.

Regards,

--
Bob Groome
www.bobgroome.com