[BC] Winter Survival Gear

Evan Elrod eelrod at wkyq.com
Tue Nov 2 11:56:49 CDT 2010

Are you including things to get up/down the mountain?
If you're talking about a lot of snow or ice and high winds, you need to
think about a good chainsaw or something to get debris out of your path,
etc.  Extra gas, and some fuel stabilizer... chances are you have some
of this up there for your generator.
If it's on a mountain, and mission critical, and you're really
serious...  You should have (or be able to borrow) an ATV that could get
you up, or down if the path was blocked beyond a traditional road.

Oh... and some good warm gloves, and some sort of warm hat.  No one has
mentioned that yet!
I'm getting cold just thinking about the possibility of having to be out
in that kind of weather again.  ugh...
Have fun