[BC] Scope recommendations...

PeterH peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com
Tue Nov 2 09:53:33 CDT 2010

On Nov 2, 2010, at 6:28 AM, Burt I. Weiner wrote:

> I have a Tek 453A that I picked up some years ago for $300 ...

The previously-mentioned 2xxx series of Tek portable analog o'scopes
were the replacement for the much earlier 4xx series.

The 485 remains one of the very best analog o'scopes ever made.

Its 2xxx series replacement, the 2465, suffers from too many thick-
film, laser-trimmed components, and is not as maintainable as its 4xx
brother, as Tek sold-off its thick-film plant to generate cash to
support its failing laser printer business, which it later sold-off,
anyway.

If in good condition, a 465, 475 or 485 is an excellent instrument.

Don't skimp on probes.

Tek made special 300 MHz probes for its 485.