[BC] HT-5

Milton R. Holladay Jr. miltron at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 30 04:41:59 CDT 2009

??? I said _any_ xmtr that uses those tubes. The filaments have design
issues and must be treated a bit differently from the 5000 or 15000 and are
generally less acceptable (not, to me.) Dogs, but definitely not  top dogs.
.The HT-5s were conversions,. Both had the grid resistor issue early on. The
one I've been called on to fix over the years has had many and various
problems and it's performance has always been barely on the edge of
acceptability. The old FM-3s had their POSness, but stayed on the air better
than these. You lead a charmed life.
The station with the HT-35 would have been off the air an embarrassisng
amount but for their BTF-20 aux..............