[BC] HT-5

towers at mre.com towers at mre.com
Mon Jun 29 07:35:37 CDT 2009

All due respect Milton, I've been servicing the HT3.5 series box for 20
years and I've not had many problems with the box in general. The one HT 7
I cared for didn't need much work either. And after the fire in a HT10
(bad manufacturing issue related to a poor design since corrected), that
TX seemed to behave well into an arguably funky filter load.

While they are a PIA in some aspects to service, they're arguably the best
low power tube TX Harris ever built. I've not needed to spend much time on
any of them.  Nor has anyone I know.

And since the cavity and socket is the same up through the 10K version, I
think the same applies there too. The 4CX7500 tube isn't a top dog. But
that's a TUBE issue.

MM