[BC] AC Voltage Drop

Milton R. Holladay Jr. miltron at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 29 14:23:33 CDT 2009

If you can finagle it that way, more power to you ! And good luck proving
that damage was caused by bad power convincingly enough that they'll pay.
Just keep in mind that for 3 phase xmtrs, it's WARRANTY VOID ! on open
delta. And there's a reason for that.
It  may easily cost more than $6k to recover from one lightning strike, and
there's an unlimited supply of them available to exploit your open delta
vulnerability.
Insurance pays ?  Watch your rates climb or policy cancelled after a claim
or two.
Wanna install a standby generator ? Gonna need a wye to work with a large
majority of them.