[BC] WOWO

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Fri Jun 26 10:45:21 CDT 2009

At 08:52 AM 6/26/2009, Blaine Thompson wrote:

>I am a bit sad that they used some of my recordings without asking my
>permission.  I didn't need any acknowledgement on the website.  Just a
>simple "Hey, is this okay to use?"

That is a pet peeve of mine too-- repeatedly, I see my research used
on all sorts of people's websites, none of whom ever asked, nor did
they ever say "thanks for going through hundreds of hours of
microfilm to find this stuff, Donna."   I realize there were no "good
old days" but is it my imagination or were people a bit more
courteous a generation ago?