[BC] Anybody handle WLLH?

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky at prodigy.net
Thu Jun 25 12:15:11 CDT 2009

> You're not giving them credit for a noble act. Those hours of silence
> are a tribute to Ed's passing.

My sympathy and condolences to the family of the departed.

I suppose this is a sign of the times, the fact that few stations
serve the public interest in a manner consistent with the intentions
of the Communications Act of 1934. Technology has eclipsed
the over-the-air medium and we struggle to compete with iPods,
satellite radio, computers (you ARE reading this), HDTV, Blue Ray,
Blackberry and so on.

What is sad about this is that, Rich, you miss the point. WLLH
*was* serving the public, in two noble ways. First, the silence
afforded parents the time to educate their children about the
dangers of marijuana. JUST SAY NO if someone offers you
a joint. Second, the absence of modulation saved AC power
consumption. By these two facts, the public WAS served and
the station acted in a noble manner.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE
(He's back......)