[BC] Anybody handle WLLH?

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Thu Jun 25 09:56:31 CDT 2009

------ At 09:32 AM 6/25/2009, RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote: -------

>I tried to contact the station --it seems they have no published
>address, so I wrote Email to ESPN. I still have no response.
>Apparently, this station has gone the way of many other AM stations
>and is simply a RCO (remove communications outlet) for a network,
>with nobody around. Perhaps their remote-control failed and they
>were supposed to be off-the-air in the nighttime??? I don't know. If
>anybody is handling this station, please check into this problem.

You're not giving them credit for a noble act. Those hours of silence
are a tribute to Ed's passing.

I think WHYN-HD-2, Springfield, might be showing similar respect with
a silent subchannel. I doubt it since they've been off well into
their second week. Ed died late in their silent period. The other
possibility is that the defective equipment was shipped Third Class
both ways. That's a great disservice to the 6 non-radio people with
IBUZ receivers, one of which might have been tuned to that signal.

Rich