[BC] This makes no sense...

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 02:42:33 CDT 2009

Yesterday, I found that I have been banned from Radio-Info's web site.
Apparently, as Scott says, they don't like people who use other web sites
they consider competitors (incidentally, I have NOT joined
radio-talk.net--at least not yet!)

I wonder if they realize how silly and small-minded this makes them seem.
Anyone of you who uses this site, know that you can be kicked off at any
time, for any reason. Keith says that R-I has been threatened with being
sued by those same criminals in Shamrock if R-I lets negative-opinioned
information posted on their web pages. I suspect that is the REAL reason I
was banned. If true, that's real journalistic integrity.

I found I was blocked after receiving a message that my posts had been
restored without the links I had used, and I tried to log in to thank them
for meeting me half-way. So they also appear to have a problem telling the
truth. So instead I wrote them a nasty-gram telling them what I thought of
them.

Anyways, I'm not that unhappy. As far as I'm concerned, it's THEIR loss more
than it's mine  :) There's better radio sites than their's, for sure!

--
Jerry Mathis

On 6/23/09, Keith Hammond <monsterfm at monsterfm.com> wrote:

> Actually, I founded radio-talk.net because of a friend who wanted a
> web-site
> similar to radio-info (minus the censorship and constant technical
> glitches)
> and radio-info's joining up with and agreeing to assist the city's economic
> development director just after they had taken our studio site at gunpoint
> (the city, not radio-info) and people were discussing the matter there. The
> city guy threatened to sue them - with a government paid attorney who was
> also a drug-dealer - if they didn't delete any and all points of view not
> perfectly aligned with his.
>
> <snip>

Keith Hammond