[BC] RFR Rule Question

Jeff Carter broadcast at hidden-valley.com
Tue Jun 23 13:51:51 CDT 2009

This is one of the few places remaining in the law or in practice
where if you buy something, it's actually yours, or at least mostly.

I live in a place where we didn't even have zoning until about five
years ago, and I still believe that if you buy a piece of land, you
should be able to do whatever you want with it.  If you buy it, and
somebody else can still tell you what to do with it, then whose is it
really?  The concept of private property of any kind has been under
steady attack for as long as I can remember.

I understand NIMBYism to a degree, but I'd also be the first to invite
folks to GTFO if they didn't like living next door to me and any legal
use to which I put my own real property.   In fact, I've done so, and
they did, after they finally understood they had no other viable
recourse.

I think you should have to go on a National Registry if you ever
complain about cell towers, and service providers should have to check
that registry and deny you service until you repent.  There's nothing
more retarded looking to me in a country of thoroughly retarded people
than folks showing up for a protest against a new tower while talking
on cell phones.

Jeff/KD4RBG