[BC] Frequency Tolerance in Broadcast...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Tue Jun 23 12:49:21 CDT 2009

Here is the information you need:

          Subpart H--Rules Applicable to All Broadcast Stations

Sec. 73.1545  Carrier frequency departure tolerances.

(a) AM stations. The departure of the carrier frequency for
monophonic transmissions or center frequency for stereophonic
transmissions may not exceed <plus-minus> 20 Hz from the assigned
frequency.

(b) FM stations. (1) The departure of the carrier or center
frequency of an FM station with an authorized transmitter output power
more than 10 watts may not exceed <plus-minus>2000 Hz from the assigned
frequency.
     (2) The departure of the carrier or center frequency of an FM
station with an authorized transmitter output power of 10 watts or less
may not exceed <plus-minus>3000 Hz from the assigned frequency.

(c) TV stations. (1) The departure of the visual carrier frequency
of a TV station may not exceed <plus-minus>1000 Hz from the assigned
visual carrier frequency.
     (2) The departure of the aural carrier frequency of a TV station may
not exceed <plus-minus>1000 Hz from the actual visual carrier frequency
plus exactly 4.5 MHz.

(d) International broadcast stations. The departure of the carrier
frequency of an International broadcast station may not exceed 0.0015%
of the assigned frequency on which the station is transmitting.

(e) Class A TV stations. The departure of the carrier frequency of
Class A TV stations may not exceed the values specified in Sec. 74.761
of this chapter. Provided, however, Class A TV stations licensed to
operate with a maximum effective radiated power greater than the value
specified in their initial Class A TV station authorization must comply
with paragraph (c) of this section.

Burt

At 03:00 AM 6/23/2009, broadcast-request at radiolists.net wrote