[BC] M aybe an alogue is better

SteveOrdinetz hykker at wildblue.net
Wed Jun 17 07:48:06 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:44 AM, John BattisonPE <batcom at verizon.net> wrote:

> Analogue IS better!I live in a valley 75 m iles from Columbus and Cleveland and for 20 years have watched all Columbus and Cleveland stations with a 50 foot tower, hi  gain  UHF VHF antenna and preamp plus broadband amplifier.

 You need a 50' tower and a preamp to get tv reception from 75 mi
away?  Are you sitting in a valley or behind a hill?

> Now plus a converter  I get next to nothing!  (some snippage)
>
> Cable company wants $23,000 to run cable past my house ,    I can't use satellite because too many trees in the way. So between  them Congress and the FCC have ruined my reception however as reception becomes worse so does the programming.  So I guess I'm not missing anything

I know what you mean.  I don't think cable comes to within 5 miles of
my house, and we're too far from a CO for DSL.  I'm using Wildblue for
satellite internet, and I'm not real impressed with it, but my only
other option is dial-up.
As far as tv goes, we're close enough to the border to get a couple
analog signals from Canada so for what little tv we watch we're all
set until 2011.