[BC] DTV Audio Levels

towers at mre.com towers at mre.com
Wed Jun 17 05:29:19 CDT 2009

Not always the case Richard.  Recall this same problem ocured when video
passed through a number of frame syncronizers, but the audio went a
different route.  Put enough syncronizers in line and the audio could
easily get seperated.  Particulalrly on live interviews at sports events
which go through networks.

That was remedied somewhat when the cameras started to include the audio
with the video via triax and the one audio source delayed in the CCU
withthe video.

But I have seen/heard TERRIBLE out of sync conditions pre-DTV conversion.
Many times of PBS where they couldn't afford audio delay syncronizers on
everything

MM