[BC] Passive studio monitors

Gary Peterson kzerocx at rap.midco.net
Tue Jun 16 14:19:42 CDT 2009

I'm trying to prepare a suggested studio equipment list for a college
station with a tight budget.  Are there any passive studio monitors that
don't exceed the $100/each price point that sound halfway decent?  Physical
size, other than freight costs, is not a big consideration.  Larger might be
better.  The studios I have built for my employers have EV Sentrys, JBLs &
Polks.  These are all too expensive for the college station, at this time.

Any suggestions (on or off list) as to brand/model/dealer will be most
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gary, KØCX
CE KFXS, KOUT, KKMK, KRCS, KKLS & KBHB