[BC] DTV Audio Levels

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Tue Jun 16 07:33:41 CDT 2009

I am not missing the point. The argument of "commercials are always louder…" is as old as Amos and Andy. It is not just commercial audio density, something that Bob addressed; it is also psycho-acoustic, i.e., being interrupted in the middle of an important event being broadcast. Commercials will always be louder because of this. Currently, there does not seem to be anybody maintaining audio levels in HDTV. There are 10 to 20 dB changes in audio between sources. This is what I was addressing.

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/