[BC] DTV re-scanning may not work...

Byrne, John H (COE Engineering) jhbyrne at cbs.com
Mon Jun 15 10:21:56 CDT 2009

As crazy as it sounds - have her remove the antenna input to the DTV set-top box or TV set, so that there is no RF input into the receiver.  Then perform a scan so that the receiver responds that there are no DTV signals to be found.  Then reconnect the antenna to the receiver and rescan.  For some reason, some DTV set-top boxes or TV sets retain the old DTV PSIP information.

The receiver memory must be flushed and then a scan performed.  This has solved some of the problems for which we have received calls.