[BC] Analogue is better for many viewers

Stanley Adams stanleybadams at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 19:45:20 CDT 2009

The signal to noise or interference (Ebno/I) of digital must have a higher
threshold to produce a useable picture than the standard (E/I) of analogue
of old TV.  Many people are going to be mad at the constant 'no picture'.  I
am not sure if we did the best or not.  A little wider bandwidth and Vision
on FM would have been nice.  In addition, we would have the FM extension
properties of a received signal.  It is actual gain.  Go to your Eng books
and look for FM improvement factor.

When good conditions prevail it is good, but when less than optimum
conditions prevail it sucks.

What a deal has been fostered on the American broadcast by the NAB and other
associated groups.

Stanley Adams
Memphis

It was just another way to make transmitter money.