[BC] Re-scanning DTV channels may not work...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Sun Jun 14 10:37:37 CDT 2009

Ron,

You are correct.  In my case I am about 13 miles line of site from
Mt. Wilson and Mt. Harvard.  The signal at my location is more than
ample.  I use an external aerial, have a few dB's of padding to keep
them in reason and looking at the "boxes" of data with a spectrum
analyzer, they are nice and flat across the top.

Some of the converter boxes, I don't know about real sets, only
record new channels during a re-scan.  If they saw an analog channel
there before, that assignment is still there and left alone after a
re-scan.  Seems like the folks that designed the software for these
boxes could've thought it out a wee bit better, but maybe there's a
good reason for the way they did it and I'm just not understanding it.

Burt