[BC] Padding down a sat receiver input

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Sat Jun 13 03:26:57 CDT 2009

We tried inserting F-fitting coaxial pads in a sat coax and they
heated up and reduced the lnb voltage and generally messed things up.
We finally used the current passing side of several 2 way splitters of
the correct frequency rating in series to induce the required loss.  I
think the loss was around 2 to 4 db per splitter but I could  be
wrong, it was a while ago.

I don't know the answer to your db question but 3 db is 50% loss/100%
gain for power and 6 db is 50% loss/100% gain for voltage.

I was told by ABC tech support that they were plugging for a reading
of 10 on the EB reading and that a reading of 15 makes things break up
on their xds receiver.  I don't know how that translates to your
situation.

Ron D

From: "radioranger" <radioranger at comcast.net>