[BC] Disgusting Caller Voices...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Tue Jun 9 09:45:09 CDT 2009

One thing you might try, if you can get your hands on an old Gentner
or similar low frequency extender, you might try running the caller
through one of those.  They shift the voice frequency about 250
Hz.  This would sound like a mistuned SSB receiver.  That should make
it pretty hard to recognize a caller's voice but still leave it quite
understandable.  As I recall, the remote unit will convert the voice
up in frequency while the studio end will convert it down in
frequency.  The best bet would be to convert it up in frequency for
best intelligibility.

Burt