[BC] Assistance With A DVD VCR Machine

SteveOrdinetz hykker at wildblue.net
Mon Jun 8 12:36:29 CDT 2009

 Clayborn, Kevin <kevin at orban.com> wrote:

> I think the copyright scheme only skew the second machine when in RECORD
> mode.
>
> What is the second (old) machine) was in bypass mode? Wouldn't the
> signal then go through with a minimum amount of degradation?

Not necessarily.  When I first got a DVD player I thought I'd cheat & use
the VCR instead of getting an RF modulator, and got the same symptoms, even
using the VCR simply as a pass-thru.  Ended up breaking down & getting the
modulator (still don't have a tv with a video input).  Now with the (useless
where I live) DTV converter I have quite a chain of RG 59 on the tv table.