[BC] Your favorite TieLine

Evan Elrod eelrod at wkyq.com
Mon Jun 8 10:34:51 CDT 2009

Something I've been experimenting with is sending the 'studio' feed back
down the line.
What this does is still send the 'air' feed, and also allow for the
'talkback' button/fuction to actually do it's job for once!
Then I set up the tieline channel to 'studio mute' whenever it's turned on
so it's not feeding the same thing down.  This works pretty well unless your
studio talent turns on the channel before they cue the remote talent.  But
typically there's a radio on pretty close as well, so they can hear that.
Or the studio talent can remember to press the talkback button right when
they're cueing them, etc.

Every console and setup is different obviously, but for the few times I've
tried it in this configuration, it's worked pretty well.
Just an idea.

Evan Elrod