[BC] Sine Remote with AT&T Cellular now working

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Sat Jun 6 13:56:40 CDT 2009

Tom,

Thanks for  the info.

We bought a 10db dual band yagi along with the Telular sx5e GSM
adapter from John Lackness who is a Good Guy.

It's mounted about 60' on an 85' tower at 3300' msl fed with 7/8 foam
heliax aimed at a 100' cell tower at 800' MSL 15.25 miles away with
clear line of sight.

The carrier is ATT.

Service on the hill sucks but when I bring it home in the city it
works fine on the rubber ducky antenna so it's not the Telular.

The Sine RC works for about the first four tone sets then quits
responding or misidentifies the tones and loses the sequence the tones
were keyed in.  For example key in 00, no response, key in 05, no
response, key in 06, the Sine RC says "channel 50-off."  It kind of
acts like it's catching some tones and missing others.

It will have a solid green service led (antenna symbol) and 3 solid
strength LED's one minute and an amber or red service indicator and
flashing or no strength LED's the next.

I think 90% of the problem is poor coverage by ATT.

The old analog packphone that was interfaced to the Sine worked great!
Wish we still had analog coverage.

Ron D