[BC] Sine Remote with AT&T Cellular now working

Mark Earle mearle at mearle.com
Fri Jun 5 12:10:22 CDT 2009

For the last several months (and I recall someone listing it here), an
AT&T cell phone would not control a Sine Systems remote.

In my case, it *would*, from one stretch of road, but over 98% of the
city, no go.

(I'm on Corpus Christi, TX).

I also could not control a Sine System in Houston (while I am in Corpus
Christi).

NOW, it works properly, controlling both a local Sine and the one in
Houston, from everywhere I go. Have not done exhaustive testing, but
100% so far.

Nothing on my end changed... same handset, same account (no changes to
that).

Beats me!

During the problem period, I could control various vintage  Burk and
Gentner VRC-2000's with no trouble; that is still the case today.

At both Sine System sites, no changes there, either.

--
mwe
    ) )