[BC] Radio and Records to Close?????

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Thu Jun 4 13:36:03 CDT 2009

------ At 02:25 PM 6/3/2009, Donna Halper wrote: -------

>How bad is the economy?  Check this out: "SHOCKER! ALL ACCESS has
>confirmed that venerable trade publication RADIO & RECORDS will
>close its doors, on FRIDAY (6/5)."  One less trade publication...
>what others will close too?

It's pretty bad when a major source of advertising is the recording
industry that's trying to prove radio doesn't sell music. How can
they argue that in court and advertise to radio station to get airplay?
The Radio and Record industries aren't friends, anymore.

Add consolidation that dramatically reduced the number of
subscriptions and Wall Street that, at least in the recent past, got
downright orgasmic when large numbers of people are fired.

It's sad. I placed a lot of advertising with them over the years and
they were amazingly effective.

Nice, competent people, too.

Rich