[BC] corporate silliness

Scott Fybush scott at fybush.com
Mon Jun 1 19:38:27 CDT 2009

DSmith2381 at aol.com wrote:
> I totally agree.......if you notify the FCC, they will  respond, and not
> only will the EAS hit the fan....the humus will hit the  oscillator, and
> probably spread it all over the corporate checkbook.  That  sounds like it could
> be fodder for license revocation...or a show cause hearing  if nothing else.

Based on the last few years of enforcement action, it would take more
than an inaccessible public file to bring down either of those
punishments...but refusal to allow inspection of the public file does
all but guarantee a stiff fine (I don't recall if it's a $1500 hit or a
$7000 hit off the top of my head), not to mention a full inspection
(which will probably turn up more violation$$$). I've also seen the
Commission impose a compliance plan on licensees - mandatory staff
training about the public file rules, and a requirement to certify to
the FCC on a regular basis that the rules are being followed.