[BC] Fact or wives tale? AM RF interference on computers.

Bill Harms philcobill at verizon.net
Mon Jun 1 17:39:46 CDT 2009

-----------------------
Wal-Mart announced it is no longer interested in building a supercenter
at 44th Avenue and Regal Street in Spokane. Saying that nearby
transmission towers would interfere with store computers necessary for
operations, the world's largest retailer said it still would like a
South Hill site.

Spokesman-Review 21 Jan 2007.
I ran across this piece in my research and thought it was interesting.
They are referring to the towers for KTTO 970. What is fascinating is
that KREM 2 TV has a studio right next to the towers and I assume that
they have never had a problem with interference on their computers. Is
my assumption incorrect?

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland