[BC] Credit cards...

KKTY kkty at netcommander.com
Mon Jun 1 13:32:38 CDT 2009

Not directly broadcast-related, but I know many on the list are also small businessmen...

I learned (twice) over the weekend that my business credit card is no good. It's a MasterCard issued by Advanta. Advanta closed ALL business card accounts effective Sat, May 30... they're out of business. Also in doublechecking this morning, I found that they'd raised my annual interest rate to 34.99 percent. Thankfully, my accountant keeps THAT bill paid off. But do the math... a $10,000.00 balance nets you $3500.00 a year... almost $300 a month... in interest payments.

Off my soapbox, but if you've got an Advanta-issued card, it's dead today. And watch your interest rates... they're on your bill.

Dennis Switzer
KKTY AM/FM
Douglas, WY