[BC] Don't Tax That Dial

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 11:05:58 CDT 2009

Basically, it makes the format all-commercials-all-the-time....

And ALL the programming comes from Traffic.

Mostly.

Stations do still have the right to reject spots as inappropriate or not
matching their format or whatever...

Be a headache to set up, but once set, it's self-sustaining...

Or, NOT "sustaining", as the case may be...

Hire a house band to perform the music - then it's salaries and
ASCAP/BMI/SESAC....

Big Music Group pays spot rates to get "BumpaThump" by Headbanger played
once;

The W I N O "Orchestra" then plays "BumpaThump" every fourth set, or
something...

might work....

Rich Wood wrote:

> There are a couple of issues here: this would drive both the Traffic
> Manager and the Program Director (where one still exists) crazy. Since
> it's now commercial matter, traffic would have to generate an
> affidavit with specific songs.

snip

--
Tom Spencer