[BC] Neighbors fear radio tower near Utica, NY is making them ill

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu Jun 18 10:45:21 CDT 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 10:05 am, It's Ðave wrote:
>  I measured a THREE VOLT 90.7 MHz signal with a reference dipole across
>  astation owners' bed.  He and his pacemaker moved into a trailer
>  fartheraway from that house and many of his problems diminished.

 That surprises me, but depending on a lot of factors, it's possible.

>  Also found a spot right next to a guy wire next to the TX access road
>  thathad 7V signal.  Most vehicles ignition would balk right there.  TPO
>  24KWinto 8 bay Jampro at about 310 ft.

 I've run into a similar situation myself, where the RF exceeded ANSI RFR
 standard by several hundred percent at a guy anchor, but was well
 within the unprotected limit 5 feet away and further.
 There's more to measuring and knowing RF density than assuming
 that X kilowatts is a lot of RF. It may well be close to none at all !

>  Those were the two hot spots of concern I found.  I would have to
>  believethat there is some effect on humans.

 I still don't, but I do know quite a bit about both ionizing
 and non-ionizing radiation.

--
Cowboy