[BC] Neighbors fear radio tower near Utica, NY is making them ill

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Thu Jun 18 16:58:21 CDT 2009

If they are getting RF burns, there might be an installation problem like I saw at an unnamed FM in Oregon. The guy wires were not broken up where they passed the FM antenna. If you touched a guy wire where it connected to an anchor, your hand would be severely burned. Presumably, this would happen every wavelength up the wire. There were other symptoms that all was not right in radio-land. There was a lot of HUM in the audio because the Audimax or Volumax was being zapped.

There are other things in the article that don't make sense though. RF doesn't affect "radiation" detectors. Perhaps they measured the field with a FIM or bolometer? You don't get any FM reception on a Geiger counter!

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/