[BC] LPFM - Auxiliary Xmitter?

towers at mre.com towers at mre.com
Thu Jul 30 10:02:51 CDT 2009

There should be no reason why the FCC would not grant an AUX license for
the LPFM.  However, it would need to be installed and maintained and
that's the $64K question. If it's for emergency use, don't bother with the
AUX installation and use it when needed under a STA.

I don't know a SINGLE LPFM marketed antenna which would withstand Class 3
or higher hurricane winds any way. So why bother. Simply "keep your powder
dry" (antenna and line stored) and test the electronics into a dummy load
every so often.  Lines and antenna bays don't deterioate in clean
controlled storage.

MM