[BC] Anybody have a 1 KW AM rig I can buy?

wmroradio at bellsouth.net wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 24 22:45:51 CDT 2009

Gentleman:

     Make no mistake, I'm not selling or trading the BE AM1A. I just simply recall the days of having my Collins 20V-3, & I wished I had it back. I love tubes transmitters, but it appears there isn't one I can get my hands on that is close to Nashville at a decent price.

     I had somebody email me that had a McMartin, which I will pay a bit more for. They are cut little boxes!

     What I have in mind is a nice tube rig sitting next to my rack that holds my BE AM1A. I would use my tube rig during thunderstorms. Even though my tower is grounded, I don't trust it.
I'll settle with a Gates or Collins box, but I really need one bad. We've had to many thunderstorms here and when I see one coming, I take the station off the air and disconnect the coax from the transmitter. I know I should do that, but I've had bad luck with solid state boxes and storms.

     It may get to the point I may have to go back to running a tube box full time, and that's o.k. with me, as one poster said, Scott pays the bills and he'll go with what he likes. I had an Audioarts R-55E, 12 Channel Console. At my station, it was too big of a board for us. we only used 5 of the 12 faders, so I sold it and I have a good ole BE 5M150 mono console that is more comfortably suited for me, than that big ole Audioarts recording studio looking board!

     Remember, I have only one station, and one life, and I'm going to enjoy it the way I want to, as long as my listeners are happy, especially on Sunday, which is my big day, all gospel, southern & bluegrass gospel.

--
Scott Bailey
President/General Manager

From: Alan Alsobrook <radiotech at bellsouth.net>