[BC] Arbitron

Warren Shulz warren.shulz at citcomm.com
Fri Jul 24 08:28:19 CDT 2009

You got to admit that the PPM process has some Voodoo associated with
it.  This discussion is good information for the knowledge pool.  In
Chicago both WLS-AM and WLS-FM have enjoyed favorable PPM results.  I
was very pleased with the cooperative knowledge of our Arbitron contact
and the flexibility of working out local installation details.

I had one idea to isolate the watermark....Take the input audio and
phase audio to a null with the output of the PPM encoder.  What is left
over should be the watermark. Never tried that but believe it would
work?

To add to the knowledge base pulling the AC power causes a graceful fold
back to bypass mode.  So in about 5 years when the switching supply dies
it will fail to bypass and not cause a program outage.

Warren Shulz
WLS CGO