[BC] NBC bllue

John BattisonPE batcom at verizon.net
Thu Jul 23 08:21:37 CDT 2009

Back in 1943 I    used to listen to NBC's Sunday morning music "from NBC's M ile High  Denver studios"  on headphones in an anti-sub  patrol aircrat off the eastern shore.After WW2 I  later joined Ed Noble's ABC network as assistant  chief  allocations engineer and if I recall correctly WENR (pronounced "  wiener" was one of our stations. WJZ was our "clear channel "station with a New Mexico station also on 770kc as our interference. That was an original FCC mistake that has lasted for years.

John Battison PE
Consulting Communications Engineer