[BC] sizing up your screens and menus

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Wed Jul 22 17:37:59 CDT 2009

Here's two questions for both those of you who do web pages, and
those who read them.

1) For navigation, do you prefer a cascading menu (java-based)?
(Those who do web pages, what alternatives do you use for java?)

2) We asked about this some time back, and I used the information to
"resize" oldradio.com's home page. A few folks wrote and told me the
like the "new size" better. If you have comments about
the  oldradio.com site, I would be happy to hear them.

More to the point: How many of you still use 800 X 600 as your native
resolution? Last August, when I asked, something like 14% of you
still were 800 X 600, with 1024 X 768 accounting for over half of the replies.

Have you changed your basic configurations?

Rather than clutter the list up, please feel free to email me
directly.  As with last time, I'll try to report back with some
general numbers.

thanks!
barry