[BC] AM Tower Replacement In a Remote Locale

Scott Cason scott at lagrange-com.com
Wed Jul 22 09:20:39 CDT 2009

>> They are entitled, as their American birthright, to obtain radio services
provided by you in the public interest.

Richard, could you please point out to me what part of the Constitution
spells out this "right"?  Sorry, but I do not buy into this myth that the
public owns the ether.  The public has no vested interest in it.  The public
did not pay for it and the public does not control it.  There have been
government agencies set up to manage it, however we do not "own" it.  It's
like saying the public owns sunlight.  Or the public owns the wind.
Congress never intended for the public to control the airwaves much less
"own" them.  The public does not "own" the airwaves. The spectrum is there,
whether it is used or not. Only when it is enhanced by broadcasters filling
the airwaves with information and entertainment does it have any value at
all to the public.

Scott Cason
LaGrange Communications
(502) 213-0024