[BC] AM Tower Replacement In a Remote Locale

wmroradio at bellsouth.net wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 21 21:26:24 CDT 2009

Your're all wrong. As long as you're signal covers the "city of license" you're cool, and you are not ignoring the public interest. Hell, the public in this town are listening to the Nashville FM's anyway, not us, so I take your comment about serving the public interest with laughter when there is very little of the public in a town like ours being near a large, metro city, wanting to be served by a small AM station. Many in a town our size could careless if your there!

Also, you claim to own the spectrum space, that's a joke. Last time I checked, your name wasn't anywhere on the AM or FM bands as a "owner" of the spectrum.

Heck, I've ran 250 watts and I cover most of our county with 250 watts. Only problem with running 250 watts is inside town, static and noise gets into the radios in houses & buildings.

Yes, I did file for 250 watts last year, but changed my mind after I found out here in town there is a nursing home that has listeners to a religious program we air. I found out they were getting interference from lights, computers AC/Heating motors, etc. with us operating at 250 watts, so we kept the license at 1 KW.

I've heard different about Valcoms. I hear they can do just as good or better than a quarter wave conventional tower at the high end of the band.

You're damn straight I going to run with the minimum I can get away with. This economy sucks and small town AM's make no money, because our former administration in the White House didn't do what they said they were going to do about helping small businesses. George W. Bush lied! The big corporate giants got loose to put the small businesses out of business and it hurt us small, independent AM operators! Then they wanted us to bail out GM with our tax money, HA!

Besides,I see lots of small AM's going dark these days.

--
Scott Bailey
President/General Manager

From: RichardBJohnson at comcast.net

Does this mean that as long as you can hear it to the edge of town, that's fine?
If so, just dump the kilowatt license and go to 250 watts while you are at it.
That will save electricity as well. I think that anybody who uses my spectrum
space, obtained as my American birthright, has a responsibility to operate in
> the public interest and that doesn't mean the minimum you can get away with.
>
> Cheers,
> Richard B. Johnson
> Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/

The next AM Antenna I get won't be a tower, it will be a Valcom. I'm on the high
end of the dial at 1000 watts, daytime, broadcasting to a small town population