[BC] Birds and towers

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky at prodigy.net
Fri Jul 17 11:01:23 CDT 2009

> Interesting product.  Has anyone tried using any of these devices?
> Could they be the solution to the millions of tragic bird deaths around
towers? :p

It is possible, however, I do have some concerns:

How do we monitor the operation of these devices?
There are vendors for automatic tower light monitoring
devices, but I see no mention of this on the website.
The MoonShine appears unique, however, it does require
the tower owner to ensure that all users of the product be
of legal age. Whenever I do work down South I sure do
enjoy the moonshine they brew up down there!
The last concern is confusion to pilots. Can these devices
also confuse pilots by diverting them from established routes
of flight?

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE