[BC] AM loop receiving antennas

Wayne Woollard woollard at inreach.com
Fri Jul 17 07:29:23 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald J. Dot'o Sr." <ron.doto at comcast.net>

> Rat Shack used to sell a tunable one, cat.# 15-1853 that works fairly
> well.  I think CCrane.com carries some too.
>
> Ron D

I recall the Rusco Rumblemaster, and the QRK's.  Biggest problem: improper
lubrication of the ball bearing at the bottom of the mounting shaft.  Use
the Gray arms with GE or Stanton Cartridges and most of your troubles were
over.  With a single edged razor blade mounted on a small peice of plywood
with a hole in it, you could change Turntable felts in a matter of minutes.
In the early days of contract engineering this established your presence
during the Sunday night maintenance shift, which usually meant an on time
payday.
Wayne