[BC] WNSP (Alabama) off the air, temporarily

Dale Adkins wini at intrnet.net
Fri Jul 17 07:23:34 CDT 2009

Reading some of the comments on this story brings to the forefront one of
radio's
major problems these days.....  unattended operation.   The problem is not
"un attended" operation.  It is that no one from the station is listening to
it.
We have a station in our market that is off the air, or has dead air
continuosly.. No employees live within the coverage area  And while
traveling last week I was listening to a Cardinal baseball game on a major
market station which, after a commercial break, switched to another sports
network for several minutes, losing a couple of innings of the play by play.
If you can't listen to your own stations......well, perhaps you should try
some other business.  A silence sensor and alarm would be a nice option.
DA