[BC] AM Tower Replacement In a Remote Locale

towers at mre.com towers at mre.com
Fri Jul 17 01:37:40 CDT 2009

If they're serious about replacing the tower, the first thing they need to
do is craft a site plan and perform soil borings to determine the soil
type. Then a foundation system best suited for the area can be designed.
At the same time, they need to determine their design goals for the tower.
STL dish(es)? Wind survival...how high of wind speed?  150 mph, 180 mph?
Do they want redundant guying?  It is the tropics....

I'm building 293 ft. 24" face towers rated for 100mph. at my current project.

However, the above items need answering before one can even begin to
estinate costs.

MM

After that's done, they can start talking with tower manufacturers.