[BC] AM Tower Replacement In a Remote Locale

Paul B. Walker, Jr. walkerbroadcasting at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 23:27:43 CDT 2009

A station I spoke with in the South Pacific (not Larry's station on Pago
Pago) is needing their 294 foot AM tower replaced.

Assuming the station has someone there who can install and they don't need a
new ground system, but want the tower lighted and painted. I dont know the
size of the face, but it's probably whatever is standard, maybe slightly
less for a station in the mid part of the AM band.

What kind of ball-park are we looking at to replace the tower, from
manufacturing, painting, lighting and shipment?
What if they decided to have someone from the tower company fly out to do
the install, and that person had to ship their equipment, how much extra is
that?

I know there may be more information needed, but this is what I've got for
now. I've NEVER been involved in replacing an AM tower, so forgive me ahead
of time.

--
Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.